I love to travel, but the one place I won’t go back to:
OK, OK, I’ll go back, but just not inside the store. I love their prices but the chaos inside is so draining and inefficient. The good news is, thanks to their FREE grocery pickup service, I’ll never have to enter the store again (hooray!) This service can be used for non-grocery items too, which is a nice bonus.
I do almost all of my other shopping online, so adding groceries to that list wasn’t a stretch. It was so much more relaxing. Here’s the process:
- Start at Swagbucks to get 3% cash back at Walmart (or Ebates for 1% cash back if you prefer)
- Select the store closest to you (not all Walmart stores offer this service)
- Reserve a pick up time – sometimes same day pickup is not available, but I was able to order at 9:00 am and pick up at 2:00 pm.
- Add all your desired items to your cart and check out, then make your payment ($30 minimum). If you forget something, you have 30 minutes to edit your order.
- They will text or email you when your order is ready, depending on your preference.
- Check in on the Walmart grocery app and let them know your car color (or call them) when you’re on the way. I opted to check in.
- Head on over to the store, and follow the “pickup” arrow. Park in any of the marked “reserved for pickup” spots
- I only waited about 2-3 minutes before the associate brought my groceries out – they even brought a big umbrella so I wouldn’t get wet when I opened the trunk. They explained that a few items were out of stock – I had ordered Walmart brand cheese, but they substituted Sargento brand instead for no extra charge, and the same with eggs (12 count was out of stock, so I got 18 count for the price of 12 – woot!)
- I signed on the electronic gadget they had to confirm I received everything and they also gave me two gift bags for being a 1st time customer, which was a nice surprise!