As you all know, I love to travel, but the one place I won’t go back to? Walmart. Does that sound harsh?
OK, OK, I’ll go back, but just not inside the store. I love their prices but the chaos inside is so draining and inefficient. The good news is, thanks to their FREE grocery pickup service, I’ll never have to enter the store again (hooray!) This service can be used for non-grocery items too, which is a nice bonus.
I do almost all of my other shopping online, so adding groceries to that list wasn’t a stretch. It is so much more relaxing. Here’s the process I recommend:
- Start at Swagbucks to get 3% cash back at Walmart (or Ebates for 1% cash back if you prefer)
- Select the store closest to you (not all Walmart stores offer this service)
- Reserve a pickup time – I typically place my order the night before I want to pick up the groceries, but if you order early enough, you can pick up the same day.
- Add all your desired items to your cart and check out, then make your payment ($30 minimum). If you forget something, you have 30 minutes to edit your order.
- They will text or email you when your order is ready, depending on your preference.
- Check in on the Walmart grocery app and let them know your car color (or call them) when you’re on the way. I opted to check in on the app.
- Sit back and wait for the associate to bring out your groceries.
- Once they load your groceries in the car, sign on the electronic gadget to confirm you received everything in your order.
Recap of why you should do this:
- You will save time and frustration by not having to search the crowded store for items you need
- You will save money by starting at a cash back site
- You can make sure you stick to your budget by avoiding impulse buys!
- If any items you order are out of stock, they will substitute a better/larger product for free. I often get 18 count eggs when my 12 count selection isn’t available.