All-Inclusive Resorts: They Are Not All Created Equally
When most people decide that they want to take a Caribbean Trip, many people immediately think about an all-inclusive resort – with good reason. All-inclusive Resorts are definitely the best way to experience the Caribbean – unless you’re filthy rich, then you do you. However, not all all-inclusive resorts are created equally.
Why should you take my opinion? Forgive me, let me introduce myself! My name is Katie Church! You can view some of my latest trips on my personal travel blog: Wine and Weekends. I have been to all-inclusive resorts in the Bahamas, Grenada, Antigua, and St. Lucia. I will be going to Jamaica and Barbados this summer – and hopefully the Dominican Republic!
Some all-inclusive resorts are extremely cheap – and that is shown in their food, drinks, and amenities or completely filled with wild college students who just don’t care. While others have created quite a luxurious atmosphere at what is still an affordable rate. Of course, there is usually going to be a price difference – just make sure that you don’t somehow pay five-star prices for a two-star resort. I usually choose Sandals Resorts, which are hands-down phenomenal! However, there are tons of all-inclusive resorts out there – you just have to know what you are looking for!
What you need to look for when choosing an All-Inclusive Resort:
- Unlimited Drinks – Need I say more? But really, getting top shelf liquor, great wine, and beer with no limit is exactly what everyone wants on a hot Caribbean day! But make sure that the resorts that you are looking into offer the good stuff, and not just cheap vodka or beer – unless that’s what you are into.
- Delicious Food – One of my favorite things about my all-inclusive trips is the food. I recommend making sure that your all-inclusive resort has multiple restaurants, with at most one of them being a buffet. Plus, with it being all-inclusive, I am more likely to try new things… cause if I don’t like it – then I can just order something else!
- How old does the building look? Now, I’m not saying that if the building looks old then it is automatically a bad resort. However, if the building does look old – that is going to make me inspect their reviews a lot closer!
- Speaking of Reviews – READ THEM – always check Trip Advisor before traveling anywhere, but especially out of the country. However, you have to read about ten of them to get an honest feel. Often, people that are way too picky leave crazy reviews that most likely aren’t going to matter to your stay… but it is still a good idea to read them!
- Extra Attractions – Of course, if you’re like me, then you don’t need to be entertained during the day. Give me a drink and a chair on the Caribbean Sea – and I’m set. However, many all-inclusive resorts offer free water sports, such as: kayaking, wind surfing, snorkeling, etc. So if that is something that you are really interested in – don’t settle for a resort that doesn’t offer them.
- Live Nightly Entertainment – when the sun goes you are probably going to want a little more liveliness and entertainment. Read the amenities list on the resort website – live, nightly entertainment is a huge plus!
- Weigh what is included with the price in your comparison – I know price is going to be one of the most major things to consider on any vacation. Just make sure that you think about what is included with that price when you are comparing. If one resort offers way more and is only few hundred dollars more, truly think about what you are going to enjoy the most for the money.
Thank you so much for reading my Guest Post for The Planking Traveler! I hope I helped you in some way! Please check out my personal travel blog: Wine and Weekends and follow my adventures on Instagram. If you have any questions – please reach out! I’d love to talk with you!