Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I hope you’ve found Part 1 and Part 2 of my money-saving series useful so far. We’ve covered online cash-back apps, survey sites, beta-testing technology, community forums, and mystery shopping opportunities. Today, wrapping things up with Part 3: Apps that will reward you for scanning your receipts! Who doesn’t want to get paid to upload receipts??
- Fetch Rewards– My favorite grocery receipt scanning app. Unlike Ibotta, you don’t have to search for offers before you shop. The app knows what you bought as soon as you scan it and credits you points you can redeem for gift cards. Use code ND1GH for a sign-up bonus.
- CoinOut – As seen on Shark Tank! Earn cash for each receipt you scan. Each one is only a few cents, but it adds up over time. You can also earn cashback for online shopping. Sign up here.
- ReceiptPal – Accepts ANY receipt, grocery or otherwise. It also gives you credit for emailed receipts. All kinds of awesome. I like that you can accumulate points quickly with this one.
- Receipt Hog – Also accepts any type of receipt. You earn coins based on the value of your receipt. These can be redeemed for gift cards. It takes longer to accumulate rewards, but still profitable.
- Ibotta – Accepts grocery receipts only. For some offers, you must also scan the bar code of the product after scanning the receipt to prove you bought it. You can cash out once you’ve earned $20. It takes a while to earn that, but about every other day there is a cashback offer worth between 10 and 25 cents that applies to ANY purchase, so it’s worth scanning. Sign up and start earning here.
- Checkpoints – this is an app I’ve used for a while to scan products in stores. Recently they added the capability to earn points for receipts as well! You earn 20 points per receipt, and I like the low redemption options – you can redeem for an Amazon gift card with only 335 points, so it doesn’t take long to earn, especially if you scan bar codes in stores as well! Use the sign-up code aimeili7 for a bonus.
- Checkout 51 – Another grocery receipt scanning app. Must earn $20 to cash out. Sign up bonus here.
- Makeena – Grocery receipts only. This one also caters to healthy purchases and you can even earn for buying fruit and veggies, which I love. Earn a sign-up bonus here.
Bonus – Swagbucks now lets you scan up to 60 receipts per month and earn 2 or more SB per receipt! Get $5 free by signing up with my link.
Maybe you’re not much of an online shopper or survey taker, but surely you get receipts each week, right? Why not put them to work for you? It may seem time-consuming at first, but I group all my receipt-scanning apps together on my phone and scan all of them together at the end of each week. It takes 5-10 minutes, at most. I earn around $20/month through all of them combined. Not a bad return!
Let me know what your favorites are, and if I’ve missed any that have been profitable for you.
Thanks for reading!
Read Next: How To Get Paid To Be Active