Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Over the past year or so, I’ve gotten into podcasts more and more because I love being able to listen and learn while I’m cooking, cleaning, driving, exercising, or taking the dog for a walk. I wanted to share my current favorites in case you’re looking for ways to learn more about how to improve your health.
- The Model Health Show – A well-rounded show hosted by Shawn Stevenson that deals with a wide variety of topics – so far I’ve listened to episodes on sleep, nutrition, fitness, entrepreneurship, and medicinal mushrooms. If you have any issues with insomnia, I highly recommend Shawn’s book, Sleep Smarter.
- The Genius Life – This one is less than a year old, but I’ve been a fan from the beginning after reading Max Lugavere’s book, Genius Foods. He interviews the leading experts on ways to keep your brain healthy and prevent Alzheimer’s.
- The Doctor’s Farmacy – Dr. Mark Hyman covers so many critical health topics on this show. One episode that I highly recommend if you’re considering or already taking anti-depressants: Can you beat depression with food?
- The Wellness Mama Podcast – A weekly podcast series covering the health topics of real food, stress, sleep, fitness, toxins, natural living, and much more to give you actionable steps to improve your family’s health. I just started listening to this one recently, but I love what I’ve learned so far, especially Why Everything We Know About Probiotics Is Wrong.
- Balanced Bites – Focuses on strategies to stay healthy through Paleo. The two hosts are funny and also answer listener questions – I love when education can be combined with fun personalities! My favorite episode thus far: Soy, Goitrogens, & Hypothyroid
What are your favorite health or fitness related podcasts? I’d love for you to share below as I’m always looking for more to add to my list.
My #1 tip for staying healthy year-round? Optimize your Vitamin D levels! It’s important to get your levels tested at least annually (and sometimes more often). Get 15% Off Walk-In Lab Vitamin D Tests & Panels!
Thanks for reading!
This post was proofread by Grammarly