Week 25 of Trying New Things brought me to North Carolina’s first Vitality Bowls Superfood Cafe. If you’re not familiar with them, the company first started in California, but they have been rapidly expanding with franchises either open or opening soon in 18 states! A little more about their history and mission from their website:
Roy Gilad and Tara Gilad, a pair of successful business owners, founded Vitality Bowls in 2011 in San Ramon, California. The duo started the superfood café concept together as a result of discovering their daughter’s severe food allergies and wanting to find healthy, safe food alternatives. Since franchising began in 2014, the brand has seen significant growth with more than 100 cafés open and in development. Today, Vitality Bowls is redefining the fast-casual healthy food restaurant sector every day at each of its locations across the country.
What To Order
We loved their Panini. We both got the Sirloin Panini which had the most tender strips of naturally seasoned, seared sirloin, mozzarella cheese, spinach, red onions, and dijon. We both loved it and wished we had ordered more than one!
We also ordered the C Me Up which had orange, kiwi, carrot, and raw ginger while I tried the Rehydrator with kale, pineapple, mint, apple, and coconut water. We both tried each other’s juice (does anyone else love sharing?!) and were very pleased with the flavors. I can’t wait to try the rest of the juices.
They also have one of my favorite healthy coconut energy bars available for purchase at the register, Rickaroons! I previously had to order these online, but am so thrilled to find them locally because they are my go-to fuel for volleyball!
- You receive a discount on your order if you’re a member of a gym
- They have a children’s play area and a kids menu
- Everything is made to order, so it’s incredibly fresh
- The bowls and smoothies contain NO ice, NO frozen yogurt, NO added sugar, NO artificial preservatives, NO trans fats, or any other fillers.
- They have superfruit options that are packed with antioxidants like acai, graviola (avoid if pregnant), acerola, and pitaya as the base for their bowls.
- A rewarding loyalty program (you can sign up online or in their app). Feel free to use my invite code EmilyAdams5701 when you sign up using the app.
Additional benefits of the app (use my invite code EmilyAdams5701)
– $3 off your next order for signing up
– Free juice or smoothie for referring a friend
– Free acai bowl on your birthday
– Order and pay ahead for quick pickup
– Find your nearest location
– Earn one point for every $1 spent; get $10 off when you reach 100 points
I’m looking forward to going back soon since they’re only 5 minutes away from where we live! Next I’ll be trying their acai bowls and definitely want to check out their salads and soups as well!
Do you have a Vitality Bowls location near you? Find out HERE! If you’re already a fan, I’d love to know your favorite item on their menu. If not, let me know once you check them out!
Thanks for reading!
This post was proofread by Grammarly
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for helping me continue to share great products with you!