**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated (at no charge to you) if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I’ve never been someone that has enjoyed working out in a traditional gym or being tied to annual contracts. Whether traveling or at home, I love outdoor workouts and using whatever setting I’m in to find ways to make my body stronger and challenge myself.
Below are some resources to help you find free ways to work out, but I need your help to expand this list and make it useful for everyone! Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page letting me know about free fitness events, run clubs, workouts and/or free classes offered at gyms or studios in your area.
- November Project – Workouts that emphasize unique fitness moves and camaraderie. I loved the workout I joined with them in San Francisco!
- Females in Action – Outdoor, peer-led workouts for women with locations in 8 states. I’ve participated in several of these here in NC. They are intense but fun!
- F3 – the equivalent of Females in Action for men.
- Meetup groups – hold weekly hikes, walks in the park, and community fitness classes.
- Hillier Ignite Fitness Park – Free fitness park on the beach in Virginia Beach
Gyms Offering Free Classes or Trials
- ClassPass – A great way to try out a variety of gyms, yoga studios, and workouts. The current promotion is a 30-day free trial!
- 9 Round – 30-minute classes focused on boxing and bodyweight moves. The first class is free.
- Shred 415 – Cardio and strength group classes. The first class is free.
- O2 Fitness– Group fitness classes and functional training. 7-day free trial.
- Burn Boot Camp – High-intensity 45-minute classes for females. 14-day free trial.
- OrangeTheory – HIIT classes based on heart rate. The first class is free.
- CrossFit – Functional gyms with a lot of emphasis on strength and heavy lifting. Some locations offer free community WODS or first class free.
- Planet Fitness – Black Card members can bring a free guest for an unlimited amount of visits. Find a friend with a Black card and attend free.
- Pure Barre – Low-impact classes focused on strength and mobility. The first class is free.
North Carolina Free Fitness
- Running Clubs – Greensboro, High Point, and Jamestown
- Burn Boot Camp Free Saturday Class – Greensboro (occurs monthly)
I’ll be updating this list regularly; be sure to comment with any other free fitness opportunities that you know of so I can add to this list!
Thanks for helping me to share the free fitness love!