Tonight I tried a recipe that Mary of PaleoLove Company shared with me and it was too delicious not to share. I hope you enjoy! Side note: you can find her products and many other great vendors Saturdays at the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market.
2 dozen okra
1 beaten egg
⅔ c of blanched almond flour
½ tsp cayenne (optional for spice)
⅓ c tapioca flour
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp ground pepper
¾ tsp himalayan salt (pink)
Spray olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse okra and place in bowl with beaten egg, coat well
- In either separate bowl or a large bag, whisk or shake almond flour, tapioca flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground pepper and salt. Coat okra well.
- Place parchment paper or silicon baking pad on a baking sheet.
- Coat okra by dropping handfuls in the bag and shake well. Can do this in a bowl too. I just find it easier in a bag.
- Place coated okra on baking sheet and spray with olive oil or coconut oil. Can also just brush with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.