Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated at no cost to you if you make a purchase through my links.
Check out the ONLY Olive Oil I use and get 10% off your first purchase using code PLANKING10!
At this hectic time of year, it has been an added stressor to think about meal planning and cooking each day, so recently we decided to give a meal delivery service a try. I’ve tried many other meal delivery KITS in the past like Green Chef, Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Home Chef, and Gobble. These were kits that came with all the needed ingredients and recipes ready for you to prepare in 15-30 minutes.
The meal kits I tried were definitely helpful and cut down on cooking time, but I have been feeling a complete cooking burnout and just wanted MEALS already prepared that only needed to be heated with no preparation needed. The challenge was finding prepared meals that were also healthy. After doing some research, I found a few options, but some did not let you choose the specific meals you would receive, and that was a no go for me.
If I’m paying for a meal, I want to know what I’m getting to make sure I’ll like it and I’m not allergic to any ingredients. After a fairly long search, I finally landed upon Factor 75 because of the wide variety of healthy meals they offer and the ability to choose each meal you receive. They let you filter from the following categories when choosing your meals: Keto, Paleo, Plant-based, Vegetarian, High-Protein, Dairy-Free, Spicy, Low Carb and Low Calorie. You can see part of their menu below.
To sign up and receive $40 off your first order, use my referral code.
It also stood out to me that they offer 15% off for medical staff, service members, teachers and first responders AND they offer a FREE 20 minute nutrition consultation with a registered dietitian to answer any questions about the meals and your individual needs. As a nutrition coach myself, I was so happy to see that they are invested in the health of their customers.
Another plus is that they load their chef-prepared meals into MyFitnessPal, LoseIt, Cronometer, and Carb Manage so if you track macros, it’s SO easy to keep track of these meals. If you don’t use one of those apps, they do list the nutrition facts on each meal, as you can see below!
They deliver the meals in insulated boxes filled with frozen eco-friendly gel packs (Enviro Ice pictured below) designed to keep your food at refrigerated temperatures through transit. Also, they use BPA-free, recyclable plastic for the individual meal packaging. Very important!
Once you receive your meals, you should place them in the fridge ASAP. Once in the fridge, they are good for at least the next 7 days (expiration is printed on the label). You can freeze the meals if you do not expect to eat them in the first seven days. This is helpful to know if you end up needing to go out of town or won’t be able to use them before the expiry date.
In addition to their main meals, they have something called Factor+ which includes healthy desserts, soups, protein snacks, juices, wellness shots and bone broth. I have not tried this category yet, but will definitely be adding some to a future order because they have a lot of tasty looking options as you can see below.
(photo credit for all below items – Factor 75 website)
Keto Cheesecake – Peppermint Dark Chocolate
Turmeric Spice Wellness Shots
Brownie Energy Bites
I have truly enjoyed every meal I have tried from them so far, but the keto mushroom burger shown above was definitely one of my favorites – I’m a huge fan of mushrooms and these were so flavorful! An overall summary of what I like and dislike about Factor 75 is broken down for you below.
- Quick and easy – the meals only take 2 minutes to heat in the microwave and just a little longer in the oven.
- A lot of customizable options based on your dietary needs and the option to add Factor+ additional protein and sides/snacks/desserts.
- The meals all have a great depth of flavor. I’ve tried pre-made healthy meals at places like Clean Eatz and other macro restaurants before and thought they tasted quite bland, but I could tell that a well-trained chef prepared the Factor 75 meals because they are full of flavor and well-seasoned.
- You can cancel your subscription and still order meals on-demand whenever you need them. This is not an option I’ve seen with other companies and I really like the option of not being tied into a weekly delivery.
- They offer savings packages you can purchase to receive a discount. Example: Spend $250 and receive a $300 credit on your Factor account.
- The free nutrition consultation and hero discount that I previously mentioned are definitely nice perks!
- The servings of vegetables they provide are fairly small in each meal and they seem to focus their meals around the protein. I would love to see them add larger servings of greens and more plant-based options. If I was ONLY eating these meals and not supplementing with anything else, I wouldn’t come close to the recommended servings of daily vegetables.
- They seem to have a lot of keto-friendly meals, but fewer paleo-friendly meals, so I’d love to see more paleo and dairy-free options rolled out in the future.
- The sodium content is fairly high – it looks like they average around 800mg of sodium per meal, so depending on your individual needs, it may be something you want to be careful about.
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me with Factor 75 and I’m glad that I found them! It’s been SO nice to not have to think about what to make for dinner every night, and gave us some new tasty options to look forward to the past few weeks.
Are you ready to give them a try? Feel free to use my referral link to receive $40 off your first order! If you try Factor 75 or have found any other healthy meal services that you love, please share your favorites with me.
One question for you before you go, do you believe that fitness starts with food? Weigh in below!
Thanks for reading!
This looks interesting. I went to the website to see what a meal kit would cost and there was no information unless I provided them with my email. Wish I knew what the cost range was, in order to make an informed decision. I understand why they want an email address. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ooh good point – for an example, we ordered 18 meals and the total cost was $174 with the discount
All the meals look really delicious Emily! I always wondered what the home delivery meals were like. The brownie balls look yummy, and I too am a mushroom fan! Great info here!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Terrific, insightful review that gives people a clear idea of what they are signing up for!