To celebrate the start of summer, I’m sharing my favorite salad with you! This is an adaptation of a recipe we learned in Morocco on a Real Food Adventure by Intrepid Travel. It’s easy to make, healthy, and a delicious appetizer or side dish. Enjoy!
Chop and prepare the salad ingredients below, then place into a bowl.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup red onion (or green onion if you prefer)
- 1 small avocado, diced (optional)
- 1-2 sprigs of cilantro (optional)
Combine the following dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon or lime
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
I’d recommend tasting the dressing and adjusting proportions based on your palate. I go heavier on the cumin because I love it! Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes, then devour!
The Planking Traveler
Pin For Later:
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for helping me continue to share great products with you!