Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Today I’m sharing my favorite salad recipe with you! This is an adaptation of a recipe we learned in Morocco on a Real Food Adventure by Intrepid Travel. It’s easy to make, healthy, and a delicious appetizer or side dish. Enjoy!
Chop and prepare the salad ingredients below, then place into a bowl.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup red onion (or green onion if you prefer)
- 1 small avocado, diced (optional)
- 1-2 sprigs of cilantro (optional)
Combine the following dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon or lime
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
I’d recommend tasting the dressing and adjusting proportions based on your palate. I go heavier on the cumin because I love it! Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes, then devour!
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? Check out this Traditional Polish Salad recipe next!
Read more about our adventures in Morocco and why you should try a Tagine here!
Get $35 off Lean & Clean meals from Sun Basket!