Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you make a purchase.
This has become my favorite new recipe for days when I know I won’t have much time for meal prep. It’s an adaptation of a delicious recipe one of our friends makes and she calls it green meat.
1 pound of beef stew meat
1 can of salsa verde
- You can also make your own with fresh tomatillos if you’re feeling ambitious
1 container of broth
- You can use bone broth, chicken broth, beef broth, or vegetable broth, depending on your preference
If you have time, marinate the uncooked beef overnight in the salsa verde for a richer flavor profile, but it will taste great with or without marinating.
- Sauté the meat in a pan with broth until just barely brown
- Add the salsa verde, meat and broth to the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice
The prep takes less than 5 minutes, so you can see why this is my go-to quick and easy dinner meal. It also goes well with a fresh salad!
What’s your favorite easy dinner?
Thanks for reading.
You might also enjoy: