I’m not a fan of raw cauliflower, but roasting it is a game-changer. I can eat a whole bowl of this in an afternoon! Add in our anti-inflammatory friend turmeric and some black pepper to boost the absorption of curcumin (read more about that here) and you have a snack that doubles as a healing superfood!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with foil or lightly grease it
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl
- Drizzle with 1/4 -1/2 cup olive oil (I use Kasandrinos) – You want it to be evenly coated but not swimming in it
- Add 1/2 TBSP each of cumin, black pepper, and Himalayan salt
- Add 1 TBSP turmeric
- Add 1 TSP each of paprika and cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- Mix well and spread onto baking sheet
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds for added protein (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until starting to brown
I’d love to hear what you think if you try it!