Happy Weekend! If you missed it, head over to Part 1 of my weekend money-saving series here. Maybe online shopping isn’t your thing, so Part 1 didn’t interest you. That’s OK! My goal is to share a wide variety of options so that there will be appealing options that can help everyone! As promised, for Part 2 I’m sharing about ways to earn extra money through apps, mystery shopping, and survey sites. These are all apps and sites I have personally tried and tested so I can recommend them from experience. These things have helped us stay within budget each month AND be able to put more money into savings.
- 1Q app – Earn money by answering – you guessed it – 1 question! The pay rate is either 25 cents or 50 cents per question. Not a bad trade-off for a few seconds of work!
- Get Upside – Savings on gas! Use referral code 2HVTR to get an extra 20cents/gallon off your next gas purchase.
- CheckPoints – Scan barcodes of products in the store to receive points. Referral code: aimeili7. Most stores have about 8-10 products available to scan at any one time. You can also check in to stores, watch videos and take surveys to earn, but I just do the scanning.
- Field Agent – Get paid for short mystery shopping jobs. All jobs can be completed on your phone. Usually, you take pictures of certain items or areas of a store and answer questions about products.
- Google Opinion Rewards – Earn by answering quick questions about your recent location history. I bank these rewards and get all our movie rentals and books for free on Google Play
- Surveys On The Go – Earn via short surveys. They also have a TrackCash incentive program where you can earn $1.25 per week just for having it installed on your phone, so I definitely take advantage of that.
- Beta Testing (formerly Erli Bird) – Get paid for testing new apps. I’ve earned $160 from this site so far. I love being the first to test out new apps, so it doesn’t feel like work! They have ranged from pet-sitting apps to tv watching collaboration apps, so there is a wide variety. If you report details on bugs within the apps, you can usually earn more.
- Digsite – In-depth reviews and participation in discussion boards to receive cash rewards. I’ve made up to $175 just on one discussion panel over 5 days (about 15 minutes per day). The recent panel I was on involved giving opinions for a tourism board’s new marketing campaign for their city, so I found it to be interesting.
- Quickthoughts – I usually earn a $10 Amazon gift card per week by taking these short surveys. All can be completed on your phone. I usually do these while standing in line at the grocery store.
- Maritz Mystery Shopping – They have an abundance of available jobs and most pay well. I’ve done a few auto test-drives where I earned $60 per shop and also did a pizza shop where we got free pizza in exchange for an evaluation.
- E-Rewards – Take high-value surveys to earn points toward travel, gift cards, and lodging. I bank mine for FlexPoints! This program is invitation only, so if you do receive an invite, jump on it because it’s such an easy way to earn travel points toward flights and lodging. They also offer rental car points and restaurant gift cards as rewards.
- Online Verdict – If you’re an oddball like me and long for the day you’ll be called for jury duty, this site has the potential to make your dreams come true. You can earn money by being an online mock juror!
- BestMark Mystery Shopping – Earn money for mystery shopping. They pay you for getting auto services performed and providing your honest feedback. One of my favorite companies. You can check out the below video for details.
What do you think? Do you already use any of these sites or apps? What are your favorite ways to earn money through technology? I’d love to hear about them below.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Part 3 tomorrow where I will share my last post in this series!
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for helping me continue to share great products with you!